hm. reflection on crit group feedback.
we chatted in december but it has taken me a little while to process some of the feedback i received. thanks to laurel, rosina and mikkel for taking the time to look at my work.
a list – because lists are a good idea – of a few of their thoughts that resonated with me:
- keep collection of smaller drawings and photos going
- INTERNAL/EXTERNAL, public/private
- way of being in the world
- play with gentle vs angry
- EMBRACING = act of holding closely someone in one’s arms – as a reference to the hand photos and gestures
- could get even smaller and closer – cracks, pieces, details
- gesture as a work in and of itself
- my hands/body – something about my physical presence in the work or the realization of the body – BODY PARTICIPATING in the images
- INSERTION OF BODY INTO THE LANSCAPE
- staying ‘in’ the drawing until it is completed